We had a vegetable/ham quiche and citrus vinaigrette greens salad. The quiche recipe is from the cookbook “The Enchanted Broccoli Forest”. The custard is from the cookbook but I add my own combination’s- this had asparagus, broccoli, spinach and ham flavored with dry mustard, season all and cayenne pepper. The salad is a take on Bonefish Citrus Vinaigrette Salad.
- 2/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 4 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon Grey Poupon Dijon Mustard
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons fresh parsley, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
I change the sugar to Agave nectar (1 Tbs) and fresh lemon/lime juice. Put this over fresh greens with pine nuts, kalamari olives and tomatoes. YUM and look how many vegetables in one setting.