1 1/2 cups old-fashioned oatmeal
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 cup toasted wheat germ
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1-2 teaspoon cinnamon
1 cup unsalted butter, softened
1/2 cup light brown sugar
2 eggs, slightly beaten
1/2 cup honey
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 teaspoon almond extract
1/2 cup orange juice
6 ounces shredded coconut
1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. In a medium bowl, mix oatmeal, flour, wheat germ, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon.
3. In a large bowl, cream the butter and sugar together at medium speed.
4. While beating, add eggs, honey and vanilla and almond extracts in a steady stream.
5. Beat well.
6. Using a large spoon, fold ingredients into the butter/sugar mix in the following order: half the dry ingredients, half the orange juice, all the coconut, remaining juice, then remaining dry ingredients; making sure everything is fully incorporated before adding the next item.
7. Pour into an ungreased 9X13 pan.
8. Bake at 350 for 30-35 minutes.
I made these last night from the Penzey’s catalog- they are pretty tasty but I thought a little dry so I would put them in a smaller dish (make them thicker) or cook a little less.