Posted with permission from Mattie Deal.
Left home on June 23… first stop, FRANK’S Pizza. Great pizza but not the same without Papa. Just saying…
Made it to Clyde in 20 Hours. After pizza got delivered went to Kelly’s house for several days-birthday brunch with Kim and family, Dinner at the Boat Yard Grill, baby shower, visit with Nina, lunch at O’Malley’s, long talks with sister Kelly and trip to Taughannock Falls. Great start to the trip!
Next back to Clyde…went to a basketball game with Kelsie & Sue, visited Pies Guys Pizzeria and got a tutorial on pizza making with Kam & Em, had a picnic with my brother Kenny for his birthday, went to Wolffy’s Marina for lunch with Kelsie and Nana, went swimming at Poppy’s pool with Silvie, dinner with the family at Wayne Hills Country Club and finally, Delaney’s graduation party.
Left Clyde on July 12 with Kim in tow for a visit in Kansas City, made it home in 17 hours! She left today and we are having the roof fixed and some electrical work done in the attic. I will sleep in my own bed for the first time in 28 days.
To all those who took me out to eat-Big Thank You-it was so fun. For all those who ate with me- thanks-it was fun. This was just what you needed to fill your heart after COVID kept us apart for so long. Can’t wait till October!
Family gathering in Matthews for the Mr. & Mrs. Deal Wedding. Celebrating Kevin’s birthday. Picture taken by Silvie.
Bear relaxing… in his own spot!~
Delaney’s last event in high school- mom and dad got to go see her perform-brilliant as always!
Kelly getting her porch ready for summer- can’t wait to chill out here!
What have you been up too?
Dressing like the best fashion plate on the golf course! #tributetothepops
Surf & Turf (Filet & Crab Legs) with Rolls, Salad and Little Neck Appetizer
· 5 tablespoons Finlandia Unsalted Butter, divided
· 1 tablespoon fresh minced garlic
· 1 cup white wine
· 1 tablespoon lemon juice
· 3 dozen little neck clams, rinsed and scrubbed
· 1/3 cup chopped fresh Italian parsley
1. In a large skillet (that has a lid), melt 2-1/2 tablespoons of the butter over medium heat. Add garlic and cook, stirring constantly, until fragrant (about 30 seconds).
2. Add wine and lemon juice. Bring to a boil.
3. Add clams and remaining butter. Cover and steam until clams have opened (about 7-8 minutes). Occasionally shake skillet while steaming.
Buy any type of rolls you would like, I like the homemade grocery store rolls that can be cooked for 5-10 minutes in the oven. They are easy and yummy.
· Romaine Lettuce Heart
· Colby Mild Cheese
· Bacon Bits
· (2-3) Hard Boiled Eggs (Sliced)
· Shredded Carrots
· Cherry Tomatoes
· Black Olives
· Sunflower seeds
· Olive Garden Italian Dressing
1. Combine all ingredients into one large salad bowl and mix well
· Filet Steaks
· Lawry’s Seasoned Salt
· Meat Tenderizer
· Garlic Powder
1. Heat up grill to 350F
2. Season both sides of the steals with all four seasonings above.
3. Add steaks to grill, cook for 6-7 minutes and flip (only once to prevent from drying out) and cook on other side for 6-7 minutes. Steaks will be medium rare.
· 2 lbs crab legs
· 1⁄2 cup butter (salted or unsalted)
· 1⁄2 head garlic, about 5 garlic cloves, minced pressed
· 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
· 1⁄2 lime, juice of
· 1⁄8 cup extra virgin olive oil
· sea salt (optional)
· dried parsley
1. Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
2. Meanwhile, grab yourself a small saucepan. On med low heat, melt the butter.
3. Add the garlic (I prefer a press) and LIGHTLY saute.
4. Squeeze in the juice of the citrus of choice. If using a lemon, squeeze the juice into your hands so that you can remove the seeds with ease. Turn the heat to low and let those flavors mesh until the oven is nice and hot.
5. Toss in as much salt (to taste) and a couple pinches of parsley.
6. Then whisk in that olive oil with a fork. Turn off your burner.
7. Arrange your tasty crustaceans in a 9×13 baking dish, brushing each leg with the sauce. ***TASTY TIP*** I use an injector to pop a *little* extra UMPH into my crabs. Pour any remaining sauce over those puppies. Now toss the pan into the oven on the center rack.
8. Bake your crabs for about 25 minutes or so (depending on how thick the legs you have are), brushing the sauce from the bottom of the pan onto the legs every 5-7 minutes.
9. Remove from oven.
10. Sprinkle with a few pinches o’ parsley for garnish.
11. Extra butter may not be required, but if it is, add some garlic with the butter for an extra kick in the butter.
Good deed list tracker day 19. This time delivering cookies to the CMPD. It was has been a tough week for them and hopefully this helps in a small way. #backtheblue
These are #17- Tell people you love them!
Tonight is “Cook Dinner for Someone” Kris and Silvie are making dinner for her parents. Beautiful job Silvie!
One of the acts is “Ask others to pay it forward”. Silvie would like each of you to do an Act of Kindness for someone and share what you did with us.
The best part-spending time together…