- 1 clove garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup real mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup Italian flat-leaf parsley leaves, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh chives
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Dash hot sauce
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup buttermilk (as needed for desired consistency)
Mince the garlic with a knife and then sprinkle on the salt and mash it into a paste with a fork.
In a bowl, combine the garlic paste, mayonnaise, sour cream, parsley, dill, chives, Worcestershire sauce, black pepper, vinegar, paprika, cayenne and hot sauce. Add the buttermilk to desired consistency and mix to combine, tasting frequently and adjusting seasonings as needed. Chill for a couple of hours before serving, thinning with more buttermilk if needed.
I made this- not like the ranch I know but a nice fresh buttermilk herb dressing.