- 4 portobello mushroom caps, cleaned
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise made homemade
- 1 tablespoon prepared pesto made homemade
- 2 teaspoons coarse-grained mustard
- 4 hamburger buns, split, buttered, and toasted
- 1 cup baby arugula I used spinach because I didn’t have arugula
- 1 (12-ounce) jar roasted red peppers, drained I did grilled onions
Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
Brush mushrooms caps with olive oil; sprinkle evenly with salt and pepper. Grill mushrooms, smooth side down, covered with grill lid, for 6 to 8 minutes mine took closer to 20-30 minutes, or until tender.
In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise, pesto, mustard, 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Spread mixture evenly over cut sides of buns. Divide arugula evenly over bottom halves of buns. Top each evenly with peppers. Place mushrooms caps over peppers. Cover with tops of buns.
Yum Yum- these were great!