The DiSanto's Posts
Started my day with this little one- many more birthday wishes to follow- Thank you all!
As always…Kris took me to Cascone’s for birthday dinner – (Veal parm, spiedini and pappardelle) You even get a birthday ice cream cake for dessert!
Some of my gifts…Kris gave me a guardian angel, got a tree topper angel from Kay/mom & dad (took the check and gift card) and a Namaste mug from Culver’s- good day!
Thank you for all the birthday wishes and songs and gifts and thoughts- I feel so loved and blessed!
Christy Altomare lead in “Anastasia” singing Happy Birthday to Delaney (trip to New York City).
Guess who got to see Santa Clause- Matthew! He also gets to come out everyday for a short time to get to held. He is getting stronger every day!
Other Santa visits…
Kay & Delaney went to New York City for Delaney’s birthday. She got to see the play (and meet the cast) of Anastasia. She tried to meet the cast of “Once on this Island but had no luck. They did find the Rockefeller Tree.
Matthew Michael Bailey is here. Born on 12/01/17 at 12:08 pm a little over 2 pounds, breathing on his own, kicking and crying. So Matthew, Dad and Mom are all doing good!!!
Continued prayers as he still has a way to go. He will be in the NICU for 10 weeks as his due date was 01/30/18.
In 2015, global leaders signed up to the Sustainable Development Goals, with the aim to achieve universal health coverage (UHC) by 2030. The UHC framework now lies at the centre of all health programmes.
To complement the global World AIDS Day 2017 campaign which promotes the theme “Right to health”, the World Health Organization will highlight the need for all 36.7 million people living with HIV and those who are vulnerable and affected by the epidemic, to reach the goal of universal health coverage.
Under the slogan “Everybody counts”, WHO will advocate for access to safe, effective, quality and affordable medicines, including medicines, diagnostics and other health commodities as well as health care services for all people in need, while also ensuring that they are protected against financial risks.
Key messages to achieve univeral health coverage
- Leave no one behind.
- HIV, tuberculosis and hepatitis services are integrated.
- High-quality services are available for those with HIV.
- People living with HIV have access to affordable care.
- The HIV response is robust and leads to stronger health systems
GLOBAL HIV STATISTICS
- 19.5 million people were accessing antiretroviral therapy in 2016.
- 36.7 million [30.8 million–42.9 million] people globally were living with HIV in 2016.
- 1.8 million [1.6 million–2.1 million] people became newly infected with HIV in 2016.
- 1 million [830 000–1.2 million] people died from AIDS-related illnesses in 2016.
- 76.1 million [65.2 million–88.0 million] people have become infected with HIV since the start of the epidemic.
- 35.0 million [28.9 million–41.5 million] people have died from AIDS-related illnesses since the start of the epidemic.
- In 2016, there were 36.7 million [30.8 million–42.9 million] people living with HIV.
Light and fluffy sweet cream ricotta pancakes that will literally melt in your mouth! Author: Melissa Stadler, Modern Honey Recipe
1 cup Ricotta Cheese
¾ cup Buttermilk
1 teaspoon Vanilla
1 cup Flour
4 Tablespoons Sugar
½ teaspoon Baking Powder (can use 1 teaspoon if you want a thicker pancake)
¼ teaspoon Salt Butter (for skillet)
1. In a large bowl, mix ricotta cheese, buttermilk, eggs, and vanilla until combined. 2. Carefully fold in flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt and stir until just combined, avoiding over mixing. 3. Heat skillet over medium heat. Place pat of butter onto skillet and wait for it to sizzle.Pour batter in ½ cup portions and cook until golden brown on each side.
Berry Maple Syrup: In saucepan over medium low heat, add butter and let it melt.
Add syrup and berries and heat for about 34 minutes until it starts to bubble.
Remove from heat and serve with pancakes.
Made with my homemade ricotta- YUMMY! Less guilt eating pancakes that have protein in them and little sugar.