Are you in the mood for cookies- bake different ones this Holiday season or throw a cookie swap!
Makes about 3 dozen large or 18 dozen small
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 cup packed light-brown sugar
- 2 ounces (4 tablespoons) unsalted butter, melted
- 1/4 cup unsulfured molasses
- 1/4 cup whole milk
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup finely chopped candied orange peel
- Sanding sugar, for rolling
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Whisk together flour, baking soda, cinnamon, salt, ginger, and cloves. Whisk in brown sugar. Stir in melted butter, molasses, milk, and egg. Fold in candied orange peel.
- Roll 1 tablespoon or 1/2 teaspoon dough into a ball. Roll in sanding sugar, and transfer to parchment-lined baking sheets. Repeat with remaining dough. Chill in refrigerator for 5 minutes. Flatten each ball with the bottom of a glass. Bake for 12 minutes. Transfer cookies to wire racks, and let cool.