10 ounces cups organic, heavy cream
1 vanilla bean, split, seeds removed
16 ounces bittersweet chocolate, finely chopped
1/2 teaspoon espresso powder
1/8 teaspoon Celtic Sea Salt
4 ounces Baileys Irish Cream
9 ounces white chocolate, finely chopped
• place the chopped bittersweet chocolate in a large glass bowl. place a mesh strainer over the chocolate.
• in a small saucepan, combine the heavy cream, vanilla seeds, and the pod. bring to a boil. remove the saucepan from the stove and pour the warm cream through the strainer and over the chocolate.
• let stand for 1 minute. add espresso powder and salt. using a heat proof spatula, mix until all the chocolate has melted. let cool to room temperature (about 1 1/2 hours).
• add Baileys and mix to combine.
• place a piece of plastic wrap over mixture (press the plastic wrap directly onto the chocolate) and refrigerate for 1 hour.
• using a 1 tablespoon ice cream scooper, form balls, roll in the palm of your hands, and place on a baking sheet lined with a silpat mat. when all have been rolled, place in the fridge for at least an hour.
• temper your white chocolate (you can find great instructions here). I have this tempering machine, which my kids think is a toy (lucky me).
• when the chocolate is ready, dip your cold truffles into the white chocolate, let the extra chocolate drip away and place on the silpat mat. decorate or not!
• store in an airtight container for up to two weeks.