Why keep aspirin by your bedside?
About Heart Attacks
- There are other symptoms of an heart attack besides the pain on the left arm.
- One must also be aware of an intense pain on the chin, as well as nausea and lots of sweating, however these symptoms may also occur less frequently.
Note: There may be NO pain in the chest during a heart attack
The majority of people (about 60%) who had a heart attack during their sleep did not wake up.
However, if it occurs, the chest pain may wake you up from your deep sleep.
If that happens, immediately dissolve two aspirins in your mouth and swallow them with a bitof water.
Afterwards: CALL 911
– say “heart attack!”
– say that you have taken 2 aspirins..
– phone a neighbor or a family member who lives very close by
– take a seat on a chair or sofa near the front door, and wait for their arrival and…
DO NOT lie down