* 2 tablespoons olive oil
* 2 onions, chopped
* 1 (4 ounce) can green chilies, chopped
* 4-5 garlic cloves, minced
* 2 teaspoons cumin
* 1 teaspoon ground coriander
* 1 tablespoon chili powder
* 4 cups chicken broth
* 1 (19 ounce) can white kidney beans (drained and rinsed)
* 1 (19 ounce) can black beans (drained and rinsed)
* 1 1/2 cups corn (canned or frozen)
* 1-2 limes (cut in half and squeeze juice)
* 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
* 3 cups cooked chicken, shredded
* 1 dash cayenne or hot sauce
* salt and pepper
* 1 cup monterey jack cheese
* lime wedge
* tortilla chips
In heavy sauce pan, sautee onions in olive oil. Add green chilies. Cook till onions are soft.
Add garlic and sautee a few more minutes.
Add dry spices and cook for 2 minutes stirring constantly.
Slowly add chicken broth and cook until thickened.
Rinse beans and add to pot.
Add corn, lime juice, cilantro and chicken.
Add hot sauce or cayenne to taste.
Add salt and pepper to taste.
Simmer gently for a few hours.
Toss in the cheese (sometimes I add more than a cup).
Add a bit more cilantro and lime juice to taste.
Serve with more Monterey Jack cheese, lime wedges, cilantro, avacado and tortilla chips.