The wreath has significant meaning for the season. It’s circular shape represents eternity, for it has no beginning and no end. From a christian religious perspective, it represents an unending circle of life. The evergreen, most frequently used in making wreathes, symbolizes growth and everlasting life. Holly branches have thorns. When used in a wreath it represents the thorn on Jesus’ crown when he was crucified. Bright red holly berries symbolize Jesus’ blood that was shed for us.
This beautiful symbol of the holiday is a delicious way to say “Merry Christmas”!
What you’ll need:
* 2 bags M&M’S® Brand Milk Chocolate Candies for the Holidays
* 1 bag marshmallows
* 3 crisp rice cereal
* 1 1/2 tablespoons margarine
* 1 tub ready-to-spread vanilla frosting
* A few drops green food coloring
* 1 red satin bow(s)
What to do:
1. Melt margarine in a saucepan over low heat. Add 5-oz. of marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat and tint with food coloring. Mix in crisp rice cereal.
2. Coat your hands with margarine and form mixture into a ring on wax paper. (Ring should be about 7 inches in diameter.)
3. Stir a few drops of food coloring in the frosting until blended thoroughly. Reserve 1/4 cup and set aside. Using a butter knife or spatula, spread a thin layer of frosting over the entire ring.
4. Place green M&M’S® Brand Milk Chocolate Candies for the Holidays all over the ring. For any open spots, dab some of the vanilla frosting on the back of the green M&M’S® Brand Milk Chocolate Candies for the Holidays and place where needed.
5. Dab frosting on the red M&M’S® Brand Milk Chocolate Candies for the Holidays, and place 3 candies in a cluster to create berries.
6. Dab frosting on the back of the bow, and place on wreath. Slice to serve!