- 1/4 cup raw almonds
- 3 tablespoons corn syrup
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 2 cups shredded coconut
- 1/2 teaspoon coconut extract (optional)
- 1/2 vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups milk chocolate
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spread the almonds on a baking sheet and bake in preheated oven for about 10 minutes.
2. In a large bowl, stir together the corn syrup, powdered sugar, melted butter, coconut extract, shredded coconut and vanilla extract, to form a thick paste.
3. Moisten hands slightly and form mixture into small rectangular cubes (or roll it into balls). Place on a sheet of parchment paper.
4. In a medium, microwave-safe bowl, melt chocolate by microwaving it for 15 seconds, then stirring, microwaving for 15 seconds, then stirring, etc. until it’s smooth and melty.
5. Dip coconut squares into the melted chocolate. Gently spread the chocolate around the coconut until the filling is fully covered by chocolate. Press a toasted almond into the top of the chocolate and allow to dry completely before serving.
6. Allow to cool at room temperature until chocolate hardens