We are experiencing problems- bear with us!
Category: Family News
I got offered both jobs in Virginia. I think the job Iï¿½m going to take is the management group job. They offer slightly higher pay, more creative work and I get the week between Christmas and New Years off paid vacation time! Yea! So now, the apartment search and big move is underway! I have less than a month to figure everything out and get my butt to Virginia!
* Kris made it safe and sound to Kansas City
* Kris got here new job promotion, nice raise- Congratulations!
* Kelly started her second job this week- sounds like she enjoys it
* I plan to have a fantastic weekend with Kris!
ï¿½Family is God’s way of taking care of usï¿½
Delaney chillin’ with Ali, showing off their hoodies.
* This weekend- Bob painted, Kay cleaned, Delaney relaxed (she’s the sweetheart)
* Family is back from Myrtle Beach- safe and tired!
* Karen & Linda got up the new gazebo, weeded, cleaned hot tub of winter dirt (it was 67 today) and got all the outdoor furniture out. This week will be 70 + all week- we are going to enjoy it.
* Karen is ready to send back Flat Stanley back to Devin’s class. View it here: Stanley
* It has been very quiet around here- Baileys, Scutellas, Culvers- What’s happening?
* Here is Flat Stanley as he participates in one of my 2nd grade groups. He goes home April 20.
* Mom, Dad, Kenny, Sue & kids return home today- they had fun!
* Beth is in Virginia on a job interview and visit with her sister
* Kris is coming to Kansas City April 20th
* Linda’s test showed “nothing” so now she is going to see a GI specialist to see if a colonoscopy or scope is next.
* Linda’s sister had a Cat scan and they think she has cancer- not this road again.
* Kelly is still having numbness in her hands and legs- keep her in your prayers and give her a cheer up call
* It is suppose to snow 1-3″ tonight in Kansas City- my poor plants!
* Monday is income tax deadline…do you have your taxes done?
Rapunzel, Rapunzel let down your long hair…I said let it down not cut it off!
Kelsie cut a “huge” chunk out of the right side of her hair yesterday…that’s our girl!
Oh, she was watching Rapunzel on the TV at the time of the crime.
* Nana & Poppy leave for Kevin’s today- drive safely.
* They captured Shauntay L. Henderson, FBI 10 most wanted in North Kansas City- too close for me.
* Kansas City Royals won their home opener, 7-1 against Boston.
* It was 82 degrees in Kansas City yesterday- WOW!
* Since many are looking for jobs I found this…To please a would-be employer, say ‘thank you’. Most hiring managers say they expect a note of gratitude post interview.
* Are your eyes watering, itching, swollen, your nose running, sneezing? This spring, according to the Web site- Pollen.com, high allergy levels stretch from Washington state to Washington, D.C. In Atlanta, a count of 120 would be extremely high, but yesterday it was 5,768. Take care.
* Lala received a Flat Stanley in the mail- how fun.
* Linda is suffering from severe pain in her left abdomen- she has had several test, is on pain meds and goes in for another test tomorrow- please keep her in your prayers.
* Kris is going to make it out to Kansas City- Judging by this picture, I say she could use a break.
* What’s new with you?
“Well done is better than well said.”
And well done is what he did…he received a 100% for his Benjamin Franklin project at school. Next he has to do a project on the planet Uranus. Way to go Kam!
Well we bought our faucet and the countertops go in Thursday. We had to get a faucet that had one hole- there are not a lot and boy are they expensive- who knew? It’s almost done, can’t wait!
Linda and I have not been out of the house (doing fun things) in about 3 weeks due to weather.
Yesterday we went to Penzey’s for spices, Cinzetti’s to eat, went to Whole Foods Market and got Linda a new pair of shoes (Crocs that are a whole shoe with leather that ties- pretty cool).
Today we went to the Cinemark VIP room and watched “Catch & Release”. They serve your drinks and food at your seat and you can recline- very comfortable and enjoyable. The movie was good and then we did a little shopping. We then came home and made potato soup which was outstanding and warmed us up (only 10 degrees here today). It was a very pleasent weekend. Need to rest up as I am currently teaching Tuesdays and have 3 families through the court to work with, Thursday I get my crown and Friday is a professional development day- so the weeks are busy. Nice to relax for 2 days!
For those who might want to make soup…
1/2 stick butter
1 small onion, diced
2 medium carrots, diced about the same size as the onion
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
8 medium russet potatoes, peeled and cubed
4 cups milk, whole, reduced fat (2 percent) or low fat (1 percent)
2 chicken bouillon cubes, dissolved in 1/2 cup hot milk
1 cup half-and-half
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
Crumbled bacon bits, for garnish
Grated sharp Cheddar, for garnish
In a 4-quart saucepan, melt the butter and saute the onion and carrots until both are slightly tender, about 5 minutes. Whisk in the flour and cook for 1 minute. Add the potatoes, milk, and dissolved bouillon cubes. Cook over medium heat for 15 minutes, until the potatoes are very soft and some of them have begun to dissolve into mush. Add the half-and-half, salt, and pepper.
Serve soup sprinkled with bacon bits and grated cheese.
I just wanted to let everyone know that David just found out that another one of his uncles passed. This one is an uncle on his mother’s side. David did not know this uncle as well as Raffa, but his mother is having a hard time with it. She is traveling up to Boston this weekend for the service. Please keep them in your prayers… they could use them right now.
Here is a layout for Matthew’s scrapbook. It is a star theme. The 3 pictures have there own quotes.
The first is a picture I did a long time ago, I’ve always thought of Matthew as a star in heaven.The quote is from the book, “The Little Prince”.
“People have stars, but they aren’t the same. For travelers, the stars are guides. For other people, they’re nothing but tiny lights. And for still others, for scholars, they’re problems. But all those stars are silent stars. You, though, you’ll have stars like nobody else. When you look up at the sky at night, since I’ll be living on one of them, since I’ll be laughing on one of them, for you, it’ll be as if all the stars are laughing. You’ll have stars that can laugh! And when you’re consoled (everyone is eventually consoled), you’ll be glad you’ve known me. You’ll feel like laughing with me. And you’ll open your windows sometimes just for the fun of it… And your friends will be amazed to see you laughing while you’re looking up at the sky. Then you’ll tell them, ‘Yes, it’s the stars. They always make me laugh!”
The next picture is of the star Kelly got for Matthew for his second birthday.
Matthew Leo Carroll
Location: RA 12h53m3.97s
Happy 2nd Birthday Matthewï¿½
Iï¿½m so happy we share the same sign.
You shine brightly in the sky and are
Always in my heart.
Love you and miss you
The last picture is what many of us have used to remember Matthew- kinda like a logo. The saying is from Jimmy Buffett, “Boats to Build”
ï¿½Shores distant shores, There’s where I’m headed for
Got the stars to guide my way, Sail into the light of day.ï¿½
The second page is a quote Kay C. liked and wanted in the album. It is from Jimmy Buffett’s, “A Salty Piece of Land”.
ï¿½Grief is like the wake behind a boat. It starts off as a huge wave that follows close behind you and is big enough to swamp and drown you if you suddenly stop moving forward. But if you do keep moving, the big wake will eventually dissipate. And after a long enough time, the waters of your life get calm again, and that is when the memories of those who have left begin to shine as bright and as enduring as the stars above.”
We miss you Matthew and our prayers are with your mommy, daddy and sister today as their hearts are heavy and sad because they miss you so much. Forever in our hearts you will shine like the stars in the sky.
* Kameron has begun baseball- he got two hits and scored once. This year he is playing in Lyons and learning a lot. Go Kameron!
* Sue graduates May 14th- it is finally here- we have a teacher in our family. Yeah Sue!
* Darian is getting confirmed- Nana is her sponsor. Congratulations!
* Kevin Michael won a trip to Arizona- don’t know the details but it must be good.
* June 1st- Beth graduates from the Leadership Cayuga project- alright!
* Matty is playing soccer and making many goals- she has a game this weekend.
* Delaney is learning to rock climb (her own version-ask Kay).
What an impressive group- way to go!
-Friday night we went bowling- I haven’t done this in 30 years- my body noticed- today I can’t sit- but it was fun.
-We tried a new restaurant- “Mamas” it was so-so- hear they have great breakfast- we’ll try that sometime.
-Saturday we went to the Mexican restaurant and had strawberry daiquiris– we don’t usually drink- they were yummy- trying to kill the pain in my body!
-We soaked in the hot tub many times- Linda 5- Karen 4.
-Talked to Delaney- what can I say- just too cute and she loves the phone.
-We watched “Anger Management” & “The Core”
-Sunday we had eggs benedict with grilled asparagus and fresh tomatoes- again- Yum
-Tonight I am making a “Tex Mex” dinner (made by the Barefoot Contessa)
-Now- I must prepare my lesson for this week- I am teaching childhood diagnosis- not thinking Yum! If you would like to see what I teach in my class here is my web page.
Would someone post something good? This is my favorite break from this $#%&*$ job, and no one has posted anything for me to interact with. Karen I sure you have probably painted the entire house over the past two days and Erin you have probably cooked 3 new recipes, but I’m bored and I wish someone would entertain me. I have terrible allergies and feel awful, but I have a call into the Lactation Consultant to see if I can take anything. Bob is wrapping up his statistics course and will be happy to have that over. Buffy has allergies too and she is scratching all the time, poor thing. Delaney, well she is the bright spot in all our lives. She is just as cute as a button and can’t wait to see all of you “Out of Towners” soon. She will be 6 months this Saturday, boy how time flies. She can sit up good now- still tips over but she is getting pretty good. Loves these new toes she has found. Has started cereal, veggies and fruit and so far has found anything she doesn’t eat (takes after Erin!!) Loves to sing and get attention. And had her first carousal ride this week. I told her she won the Belmont, but she didn’t seem to care. She went to the mall with us for 3 hours and was in her glory. Everyone was paying attention to her and she just grinned the whole time. Breaking her in early so that we can make this a regular cadence!! She also went swimming and was kicking her feet, this pool was much warmer than the one that she takes lessons in, so she didn’t turn blue after 20 minutes.
Read More Come On…