Skip to content
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup packed dark-brown sugar
- 1 large egg yolk
- 2/3 cup finely chopped toasted pecans (about 2 ounces)
- Pecan halves, for decorating
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Sift together flour and salt into a small bowl; set aside. Put butter and sugar in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment; mix on medium speed until smooth, about 3 minutes. Mix in egg yolk until combined. Reduce speed to low. Add flour mixture; mix until combined. Mix in chopped pecans.
- Using a 1 1/4-inch ice cream scoop, drop batter onto baking sheets lined with parchment paper, spacing about 3 inches apart. Press 1 pecan half into the center of each. Bake cookies, rotating sheets halfway through, until golden brown, 12 to 15 minutes. Let cool completely on sheets on wire racks. Cookies can be stored between layers of parchment in airtight containers at room temperature up to 2 days.