- 1 cup butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk
- 5 tsp. unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 3 cups rolled oats
- In a large bowl, mix together oatmeal and coconut.
- In a saucepan, cook together butter, sugar, evaporated milk, and cocoa powder, over medium heat. Stir constantly.
- Allow mixture to boil for a full 2 minutes. (Again, stirring constantly)
- Remove from heat and pour over the oatmeal mixture.
- Working quickly, mix dough together well.
- Immediately drop by spoonful onto waxed paper.
- Allow cookies to firm and cool completely.
Makes about 30 cookies